Monday, May 12, 2008

Questions and answers about cheap web hosting directory

Compare cheap web hosting directory

Tips for Choosing a Domain

Mon, 12 May 2008 11:02:19 GMT
Selecting a domain name is an important step in establishing a web business. Take your time and think carefully about selecting a domain, as it will be the hallmark of your online presence.

That is why the better option is to build up your own list, which with the right online marketing tactics and strategy should not be too difficult to do. Once you have built a fairly huge list (which can be done quite quickly) you can then sell your hosting service to them even as you put up your web site to run the hosting service.

Eleven2 is offering lifetime hosting for $600. Based on the pricing of its "launchParty" plan, $600 would only go as far as roughly eight and a half years.

Where did all the free web hosts go?

Wed, 04 Apr 2007 10:33:28 EST
A long, long time ago free web hosts were the coolest thing on the internet
and most, if not all, non-commercial websites were hosted by one. You don't
hear that much about free hosting anymore so I though it would be interesting
to check out what has happened to the free web hosts that I have used.

Visitor Center Postcard

Thu, 17 Apr 2008 23:48:29 -0800

theWHIR.com posted a photo:


Visitor Center Postcard



An amusing correspondence I sent to myself from the Visitor Center.





Elliot Noss, President and CEO, Tucows noted, ”I am confident these shared hosting customers will enjoy quality service and support with Hostopia directly. This move is the first part of a strategy to reposition our retail business to help individuals and small businesses build their identities online.”

Fantastico updated - Fantastico De Luxe 2.10.2 r33

Mon, 05 Feb 2007 18:16:36 +0000
Fantastico has released a new update to their software:
Fantastico De Luxe 2.10.2 r33 (LATEST and STABLE releases)
Updates:
- Drupal: 4.7.5 -> 5.1
- Geeklog: 1.4.0sr5-1 -> 1.4.1
- Open-Realty: 2.3.4 -> 2.3.6
- PHProjekt: 5.1 -> 5.2

HostGator Review - Great Plans, Horrible Service!

Sun, 09 Mar 2008 20:14:57 +0000

Fellow blogger and internet marketer Josh Spaulding sounds off about his recent experiences with HostGator in this customer review.


OK, I know I told you I’d be reducing the number of rants that I publish on this blog. Well, since I’m about to start http://www.crackerjackseo.com/ (newly registered) I’ve decided to start ranting once again right here. So all my long, how-to’s etc. related to SEO will be published at crackerjackseo and all my other Internet marketing musings, including rants will reside here.


About 12 hours ago I ordered a dedicated server through HostGator. During the ordering process I chose PayPal as my payment option (I wasn’t asked for my PayPal email.


Order was complete, nothing was charged. A few minutes later I received a call from a HostGator rep telling me they need my PayPal email to get this going. No problem. I provided the email and was told my server would be up within 24 hours. I also replied to a ticket telling them my PayPal email just to be sure.


-PayPal email given to HostGator twice-


This morning I wake up and see an email from HostGator. I open it up and I see login details. The server is up and ready, right? Of course not.


They reinstated a reseller account I had over a year ago. Not that it matters, but that didn’t even work trying to login through the provided IP, UN and PW.


I call HostGator to see what’s up. I get some kid (sounded like he was about 16 y.o., who sounded mad at the world.) He very rudely said “You’ll just have to wait for your ticket to be replied to, Sir”


After hanging up I got a little P.O. and called back. This time I spoke with a helpful female agent, but after 15 minutes or so I was told I need to reorder the server because a PayPal email wasn’t sent. About that time I thought this was some kind of joke! I had given it to the guy who called me, I replied to the ticket with the PayPal email and I had given it to her. Yet, they were unable to charge me and fix this big mess.


-PayPal email given to HostGator for the 3rd time-


By the way, while I was on the phone with her I received another email from HostGator stating that I need to go to some URL to change my primary domain and I need to pay $5 for that to happen.


So, I figured I might as well just order and get this all over and done with (thinking they would take care of it right away.) I said “OK, I’ll just reorder.” She said OK, the people who set it up are gone right now, so they should get to this later today sometime. “When?” …”I don’t know”


Does HostGator even care whether they make a sale or not? I mean, I don’t care how much money I make, if I have a customer who is ready and willing to give me $200 EVERY MONTH I’m going to bend over backwards for them!


Now I’m in a predicament. It took me 2 weeks of looking at various dedicated server deals and nothing compared to what HostGator had to offer for the price. I don’t want to spend over 200/month for a server, but it looks like I’m going to have to.


The best deal in the world isn’t worth it if the support is the worst in the world!






No RatingShare This

We worked hard to come upon this respectable composition on cheap web hosting directory. Don't let these efforts go to vain; use it wisely.
#







Microsoft - Windows Marketplace
Filing And Storage Soluitions at Office Depot.


cheap web hosting
cheap web hosting and
| |

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home